Thursday, November 12, 2015

I know I am the worst blogger.. cause I forget I have a blog...

OK, so just for "grins" I'm going to enter this into my so-called blog just to see if I still know how to make it work!? What can I say, life is too busy for me to think about blogging, and if I'm in the mood to be writing, then I should be making money and doing writing something from my work "to-do" list. However, lately, I've been playing around with the IoT (internet of things) and the "connected home" (what is it with me and quotes and ellipses anyway).. ahem... So, yes, we ditched ADT, and have gone to Samsung's Smartthings where the whole house is now wireless and "smart". In addition to security and smoke/fire/Carbon monoxide all being tied into the system, we also have LIGHTS... and MUSIC... So, yes, every morning the security system automatically disarms itself and each person has a customized playlist start playing on their Sonos to gently wake them, and some of us have LED lights coming on at 10% dim, only to brighten over time. It's kinda sweet to have your house gently get you going in the morning. Now if I could just figure out how to tell it to make a proper espresso!? We've got leak sensors, and heat sensors, and this weekend, the Phillips HUE lights are going into the main den/fireplace room for complete custom color lighting. Six new recessed fixtures in the ceiling (my back is already sore), and some cool Iris lamps. Next will be thermostats, and door locks(at least one), that will automatically unlock when certain (approved) individuals approach with their cell phones and/or proximity dongles. I'm about to go downstairs to put the dog out for her "last business" of the night and the house will automatically light my way (thanks to motion sensors). Everything is controlled by our iPhones. What fun it all is for a gadget guy. Yeah, I have blogged! I'll sleep better tonight!

No comments: