Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fine Cusine!

I am blessed in many ways, but one of the ways that is demonstrably in my face (literally) is in the area of good eating. My wife was born and raised in the South of France, the Lyon area, which most people will agree is known as the home of the worlds finest cusine. My inlaws are all great cooks, they think about it all the time, they dream about recipes, they talk about it at least once in every conversation, it's a hobby as well as a life pursuit. Unlike most of us who enjoy a good dish, but hate going through the preparation, my wife can turn leftovers into something better than I can get at a multi star restaurant. (which is one of the reasons I prefer to "eat in")

As an example, I offer up last nights menu to which I was the lucky recipient:
--------------------------------------------------
Libation: Vodka tonic
Apperitif: Brie, apple, and walnut croustades

Main Course:
Pan seared shrimp and scallops with lime beurre blanc and cilantro gremolata served with steamed new potatoes.
Libation: South African Chardonnay

Cheese platter with rosemary crackers
Libation: California Merlot

Desert:
Chocolate Truffle Mouse with vanilla scented creme anglaise
-----------------------------------------------------------
Do you see what I'm talking about here? And she wonders why it never occurs to me to go out to dinner? All this while the kids are asleep upstairs.... no babysitter required.

This is the definition of "blessed"
I love you Veronique!

No comments: